Sarin Memorial Legal Aid Foundation
The Sarin Memorial Legal Aid Foundation established in the fond memory of Late Shri H L Sarin, Senior advocate and Late R L Sarin, advocate is dedicated to the cause of protecting public interest, spreading legal literacy, taking up causes of general public importance for legal redressed and turning lawyers into socially responsible professionals.
The Sarin Memorial Legal Aid Foundation was formed in Oct. 1995, under the able guidance of Mr. M L Sarin, senior advocate. Trustees include Chief Justice Mr. S S Sodhi and noted film actor, Mr. Anupam Kher.
The Foundation is run and managed voluntarily by young lawyers and students of law to help the poor, downtrodden and the handicapped people to protect their rights as well as to generate awareness among people about issues that concern everyone, from environment to legal literacy, to freedom of speech and expression.
Aims and Objectives
Aims & Objectives of the Sarin Memorial Legal Aid Foundaiton
- To spread legal literacy amongst the citizens of India, especially, the weak, down-trodden and poor, irrespective of race, caste, sex, colour or creed
- To take up public causes in public interest and find remedies in accordance with law for the protection of the environment and to improve the surrounding living conditions of the citizens of India with greater stress on the economically weaker sections of the society, etc.
- To raise issues of public interest in appropriate Courts of Law. To protect the interest of the general public and to ensure the safe and proper use of sources of energy and at the same time, to promote the establishment of non-conventional and renewable sources of energy systems.
- To arrange talks, lectures, speeches by eminent personalities in the field of law, public affairs, social services, etc., to promote the aforementioned objectives;
- To arrange legal aid camps to settle disputes amicably amongst the citizens of India and to set up alternative methods of redress of grievances, especially, by voluntary consent of the adversary parties;
- To establish, run and promote centres for the training of young advocates with a view to indicate the spirit of service to the society and with the objective of producing dedicated lawyers who in turn could serve the society professionally in the years to come;
- To raise funds through voluntary means to further the objectives mentioned and for promoting social and economic welfare, especially of the weaker sections of the society; and
- To take up and promote causes for the benefit of handicapped or slow children or persons.
About Hypertension Chair and Clinic
With the mission to create awareness ,have early & greater detection ,to develop a program of evidence based management of hypertension and to conduct research that is applicable to our public and patients,Dr. Mohinder P Sambhi – DMC&H Hypertension Chair and clinic has been established. This is an endowed chair, which came into existence as a result of the efforts of Dr. Mohinder P Sambhi, Sarin Memorial Legal Aid Foundation and DMC&H, Ludhiana.